Season tickets and multi-passes to enjoy our venues
Search our collections
Try our collections search to locate specific items in our collection.
Back to Ships and Shipping
St George's Quay was built in 1750. It provided a solid structure that vessels could moor up alongside and afforded easier access for loading and unloading ships.
This scene shows the current Custom House, which was built in 1764 to designs by Richard Gillow of the Gillow furniture manufacturers. Almost opposite the Custom House is the shipbuilders Smiths.
Return to Collection Themes